We have come to love brussel sprouts at our house. It took a little experimentation to figure out how all of us (kids included) would embrace them without bargaining away our dishwashers for the evening. And so, really, who doesn’t love bacon. Throw it on anything, right? Brussel sprouts are now a staple at our house and we pair it with chicken or beef. These pics show the time we paired this receipe with our Smoked Prime Rib. It was perfect.
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup water
- Garlic salt to taste
- Dice bacon and onion and cook over medium heat in large saute pan
- Chop brussel sprouts in half
- Drain any excess bacon grease (leave a couple of tablespoons to cook remaining ingredients)
- Toss in brussel sprouts and mushrooms and cook until slightly softened
- Add 1/2 cup water
- Cook until tender and seared on edges
Serve immediately and depending on meat pairing, easily compliments white or red wine!
Cheers! – E